Thursday, September 20, 2012

I am Thankful Roses Have Thorns


 These are my interpretations of the quote "Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." originally spoken by French writer, Alphonse Karr. I chose the quote both because it supports keeping a positive frame of mind- which I believe is important- and because of the quote's wittiness. In the first illustration shown above, I arranged the words to represent a rose. In the quote  above however, I focused more on the flow and wording of the quote, than meaning behind it.  For color, I chose are various shades of pink and green which I chose both because the colors are commonly associated with roses, and because they represent bliss, life, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment