Monday, November 5, 2012

My Personal Logo

This is the logo I designed for my fictitious graphic design company, Designs by Elisabeth. Above is my final logo design, accompanied by my final design for the company name. I wanted the logo to be as simple and as versatile as possible, so in my final design, I chose a simple square with a gradient, accompanied by the letter "E" in lower case in a font called "Elephant". This is a design that can be used in a variety of ways and is clear and recognizable at every size and in any color. I chose the font because I felt it gave the design a hint of a classic/vintage feel and because the roundness of the curve of the letter highlighted the strait lines of the square. I chose to use a lower case "E" because it was much rounder than an upper case "E". Also I chose to use a lower case "E" because it looks a little bit like a laughing face, and I wanted my logo to have a positive affect on the viewer. Lastly, I chose the turquoise color for the logo because I wanted to add to the positive and happy feeling of the rest of the design. You'll notice the company name is a slightly darker shade of tortoise because I wanted to convey a slightly more professional feeling in the company name, and separate it slightly from the logo.
Beneath the final design are some alternate color schemes and design ideas for both the logo and the company name.

No comments:

Post a Comment