Monday, April 29, 2013

My Reflection Essay



2013 Reflection Paper
The classes I had this 2012-2013 school year, my junior year of high school, at AMCHS have had a great effect on me. This year I have acclimated to life in College Station, completed a 26,000 word novella, and decided on a general career path I believe I will be happy in pursuing.
I moved to College Station in September from Seattle, Washington. Adjusting to a school the size of A & M Consolidated High School was not easy (it’s like Hogwarts in here—I swear the hallways move) and finding a new friends group proved to be challenging. However, the kind and help community at AMCHS made my transition much easier and I now feel at home College Station. Joining organizations like Art Club and National Honors Society were also very helpful in adjusting to life in College Station.
I also wrote my own novella, The K­ingdom of Nothing, in November of this year. Making the time to write and edit my work was equally challenging. To meet my goal of writing 500-1,500 words a day, I often had to stay up late, or write during my advocate. Regardless, my perseverance and the support of my friends here at AMCHS helped me reach my goal.
            Finally, this year I resolved to pursue a career in Computer Science. My Graphic Design class aided me in making this decision greatly as it was through this class that I discovered my enjoyment of all things design. I greatly enjoyed the level of creativity and ingenuity the class demanded. Though I am unsure if I will pursue a career in only Graph and Web Design, Animation, or Programming, I am excited for my future.
In summation, this school year at AMCHS was highly influential and helped me grow as a person. I look forward to my next and final year at AMCHS next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment